Saturday, May 15, 2010

Recipe - Katie-safe Chicken Cordon Blue

Hello,

Before I was introduced to the world of food allergies by my precious little girl, my husband and I ate pre-packaged frozen Chicken Cordon Blue quite often. It was mouthwatering when prepared with garlic mashed potatoes, southern cooked green beans, candied carrots, fresh bread, and salad, but I digress. Here is an allergy friendly version of the same thing.

Chicken Cordon Blue

1) Fry or microwave any type of bacon (We now use a nitrate/nitrite free bacon.)
2) Take a chicken breast and pound it flat, then place the bacon inside and roll or fold the chicken in half. (Or if you are really lazy or have a sleeping child, just cut the breast length-wise.)
3) Place the pre-cooked bacon in the middle of the chicken
4) Dredge the chicken in Southern Homestyle Tortilla Crumbs (available at Wegman's), and fry in hot oil (as little as possible) If you need other alternatives for breading, please check out the Chicken Nugget recipe.

This actually smells and tastes better than the frozen version, and I am sure it is much healthier for you (minus the frying, breading, bacon...) It certainly made my little girl happier. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment