Saturday, May 15, 2010

Recipe - Banana Bread


Hello,

This is a recipe for my Grandmother's Banana Bread. O.k., it used to be banana nut bread and I continued to call it that long after my sweet little girl was diagnosed with anaphylaxsis to nuts. She used to eat a slice of this every day for breakfast. Now at age ten her tastes have changed so I only make it occassionally for my other two sweeties. They have amazing metabolisms and can eat an entire loaf without even the slightest weight gain.

I will post the original recipe with my allergy substitutions.

Banana Bread

3 very ripe bananas (from spotted all the way to black and slimy)
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted oil or butter (Fleischman's Unsalted Margarine, Corn oil, Spectrum Shortening)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg (beaten) (1 1/2 tsp. Ener-G Egg Replacer + 2 tbsp. water)
1 1/2 cups flour (Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour)
1/2 - 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum


Put bananas into a bowl and mix or mash. Add other ingredients. Grease and flour bread pan. Turn mixture into bread pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 ยบ F. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
NOTE: The picture above has 1 cup of chocolate chips added to the banana bread batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment