Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mixes - Cherrybrook Kitchen

Hello,

For the first few years that my daughter had food allergies, there were no mixes that we could have used even if we had wanted to. We were so delighted when Cherrybrook Kitchen came along. http://www.cherrybrookkitchen.com/ Even though I was delighted that there was a mix that was free of dairy, egg and nuts I was too scared to try it with my daughter. We had had so many minor and even anaphylactic reactions with items that were supposed to be free of her major allergens. When I finally got up the courage to try the mixes, there was still the issue of the price. When Katie loved the taste and did not break out, I finally decided to buy some boxes of the yellow cake and icing for emergencies (when someone told me an hour before an event that there was going to be cake.) and for our birthday or special occassion baking. The mixes were great because they tasted more like regular cake than any other mix available to allergic children at that time. They also were great for our birthday and special occassion baking because I could create designs or make layer cakes that would not fall apart due to the lack binding that eggs provide in a recipe.

Cherrybrook Kitchens not only has mixes free of dairy, egg and nuts, but it also has mixes that are gluten free. The company provides mixes for cake, cookies, pancakes, muffins, icing, etc. My daughter said that the gluten free yellow cake mix is so good that she does not even need icing. Now that's saying something!

No comments:

Post a Comment