Saturday, June 12, 2010

Recipe Review - Rice or Soy Ice Cream (Vanilla or Chocolate) from The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook

Hello,

Recently I have been trying to find a way to make the best ice cream for my daughter. When she could eat soy (for about 9 months of her life) we loved So Delicious Soy Ice Cream, but I noticed that even though her numbers had gone down and the doctor said she could eat it, that she would break out and eventually we also linked it to severe stomach cramps that she would get hours later. Enough of that, let's get to a recipe that she can eat. I like this recipe because I do not have to worry about cross contamination, I do not have to pay high prices at the supermarket, and I do not have to worry about what type of oil they may have used in the ice cream.

The recipe for Rice or Soy Ice Cream is so easy that my daughter could make it all by herself. She was so delighted to be able to so. The main ingredient is the rice or soy milk that you are already drinking. I really liked the quickness of this recipe and the fact that I did not have to heat up anything (which means less time waiting for it to cool down), and that I could just mix everything in the blender and then move it to the refrigerator. It was not quite as good as the Vance's recipe I have already posted, but it was still great and very similar to the Rice Ice Cream you can buy at the store.

We also tried the chocolate version, but it ended up being somewhat like a Wendy's Frosty. That is mostly because I tried to make it right after we had made vanilla ice cream and the ice cream bowl was not as frozen as it should have been. It was still delicious and the kids loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment