Thursday, June 3, 2010

Recipe Review - Chicken Fillets from The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook


Hello,
You are going to be seeing a lot of recipe reviews from The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook. My daughter was diagnosed with 49 food allergies when she was 14 months old. For seven years we were not able to add any new foods to her diet, but now that she has turned 10, and thanks in part, I believe, to liquid Zinc (which seems to have broadened her palate) we have been able to add a few spices to help even out her plain chicken, beef, etc. You will see a lot of recipes from The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook, because it is the only cookbook I have found that eliminates most of my daughter's allergies while still containing recipes that you can successfully make at home and that your family will enjoy.
I recently tried the Chicken Fillets from The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook. I was longing for something easy to bake or fry which would add some FLAVOR to our diet. This chicken fillets (nuggets or strips) certainly fit the bill. Because my children are new to spices and because they had never tried paprika before, I lowered the paprika to a heaping 1/4 tsp. I made one batch of chicken and the fillets flew off the plate so quickly that I had to get up and make a second batch all of which was eaten as well. What a great recipe success.
Now my main allergy eater, the one who has not been able to eat spices until now fluctuated between loving and not liking them even as she ate them. I think it is going to take a while for her to get used to eating food that has a flavor other than just the natural flavor of the meat. My other two children have asked me to make this recipe again and again.
I believe you could make this recipe even without the paprika if your child happens to be allergic to that spice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment