Thursday, June 3, 2010

Recipe Review - Randy's Turkey Meatloaf from The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook


Hello,


I am always trying new recipes, and one of our family's new favorites is Randy's Turkey Meatloaf. I chose to try it because we do not have very many recipes that include turkey as my daughter was allergic to chicken, turkey and beef until she was five. Now that she can eat turkey I am still put off by the huge turkeys I would have to deal with should I choose to cook one for our family. So, when I found this recipe that called for ground turkey and turkey bacon I thought I would give it a try.


First of all, having grown up eating way too much meatloaf over my lifespan I promised my husband I would never, ever make meatloaf as long as I lived. When I saw this recipe, however, I decided that it was worth a try (especially since it is made out turkey). I'm so glad I did as this has become a family favorite. It is moist, it has lots of flavor, and it even has rice! My kids love rice. We make the meatloaf, steam lots of different colored veggies, and even make more rice for the kids to eat with their meatloaf. Try it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment