Thursday, June 3, 2010

Recipe Review - Allergy-Free Chocolate Brownies from The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook

Hello,

When it comes to brownies, the recipe we like best is Allergy-Free Chocolate Brownies from The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook. The recipe was great for me because we have not found a baking chocolate that we feel is 100% dairy free and this recipe calls for baking chocolate or cocoa powder (which we have found is safe for our daughter). We tried two different flour combinations in this recipes. I found Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour to be a bit sour so I added around a cup of Enjoy Life! Semi-sweet chocolate chips. It worked very well. I also tried a combination of 1/2 cup rice flour, 1/4 cup corn or potato starch, and 1/4 cup tapioca flour (per cup in the recipe) in addition to the chocolate chips and it was much sweeter, but I did notice a more gritty texture. My children said they liked the brownies either way, and their friends agreed. These brownies do take a bit of time and effort to make, but they are very worth it. They also freeze very well and are great to take out for a party, play date, lunch box or trip. I would highly recommend buying The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook for the brownie and chocolate chip cookie recipes alone. They are so much better than anything else we have found.

No comments:

Post a Comment