Thursday, June 3, 2010

Recipe Review - German Potato Salad from The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook


Hello,
I tried this recipe mostly for myself, although I was hoping to open up my children's palate to something that I enjoyed as a child. German Potato Salad was such a huge part of my growing up years. I remember helping my Mom make huge batches of it to take to family reunions or just making it for the family and eating it for a week. I have only made it a few times since my daughter was diagnosed with an egg allergy because I could never find a safe mayonnaise that eliminated all of her allergens and I did not need to eat all that potato salad by myself!
The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook's German Potato Salad is based on a classic German recipe and although it does not taste anything like the potato salad I had growing up I recognize and appreciate the classic flavors, and I think you will too. The one tip I might add is to use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. It is amazing and so much better than any other brand. My mouth is watering just remembering the flavor of this potato salad.
Any good potato salad takes a while to make, and since my children did not love the final product, it will probably be a while before I try this recipe again. My daughter hasn't quite gotten into foods that contain vinegar yet, so I am hoping to try this again once we have successfully added more foods to her diet. Don't let her opinion sway you. This is definitely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment