Thursday, June 3, 2010

Recipe Review - Pineapple Salsa from The Super Allergy Girl Cookbook

Hello,

I was so excited to find a recipe for Pineapple Salsa. We had a fresh, sweet pineapple in the kitchen and I was anxious to see if I could actually bake plain chicken in the oven, add this to the plate and actually have something the kids would be excited about eating. Well, they were very excited about trying both the Pineapple and Peach Salsa, but I got mixed reviews on which was the favorite. Again, we had to cut the ginger recommended to 1/2 of what was stated and it was still a bit much for my children. We are going to try it again sometime with even less ginger. Ginger used to be one of my daughter's allergens and even though her numbers have dropped and she is safe to eat it, this was our first attempt to add it to something that was not baked. We all enjoyed trying the new taste, but I think the kids may prefer to just eat the pineapple fresh and plain.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_20?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+super+allergy+girl+cookbook&sprefix=The+super+allergy+gi

No comments:

Post a Comment